Skater

My photo
Photography, Art and more importantly Skateboarding.

Monday, June 9, 2008

GUMPTION

I was just getting homesick when I remembered what my friends back home in good ol' Lincoln Nebraska get to skate on the daily...


This seriously is worst place I have ever legally skated.




I understand how hard everyone has worked to make these two places happen. I'm not knocking it, I damn sure wish they would have existed when I was growing up in Lincoln.

That said, if there ever was a time for me to look back and say, "I wish I knew then what I know now" it would be this moment.

Ok, here's my rant: Linconites, you can't take this crap any longer! You need a concrete skateboard park!

I was recently reminded after "noticing" a four foot quarter pipe and a very nicely constructed ledge near downtown Athens that there is something we as skateboards all posses and that's gumption.

Build it.... even if you only have it for a few weeks it's worth the work. Oh and for god sakes don't tell anyone your building it!!!

Find a spot, dig, pour, skate.




Someone please pour some damn concrete in Lincoln......

No comments: